Introduction to Industrial Engineering
By Jane M. Fraser
Return to the Table of Contents.
This chapter has these sections:
8.2 Education and life long learning Ask yourself:
- 8.1 Employment Ask yourself:
- In what type of industry do I want to work?
- For what type of organization do I want to work?
- Where do I want to work?
vWhat type of IE job do I want?
- Should I start my own business?
8.3 Ethics Ask yourself:
- Should I become a Professional Engineer?
- Should I pursue higher education?
- Should I seek certifications?
- What professional organizations should I join?
- How will I keep up to date with new ideas in IE?
- What situation might arise in my professional career that would have ethical
- How will I recognize such situations?
- How will I know what to do in such situations?
- Compare CSU-Pueblo IE curriculum with another IE curriculum.
Prepare a semester-by-semester plan for the completion of your degree
including explanations for your choice of technical electives and General
- Write your resume and have it reviewed by the Director of Career Services.
Write a brief paper outlining your career plans, including your focus within
industrial engineering, the type of organization you plan to work for, and
your plans for future education.
- Write your own explanation of IE
- Does it matter what they call us?
- Find a news story related to industrial engineering